Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wet weather didn't hurt mushroom quality or prices in PolandThe cold and wet weather in April and the beginning of May has not negatively affected the quality or the prices of Polish mushrooms, reports Joanna Chwalisz from Woga.
The company has been actively exporting mushrooms for the last few years, with Germany being its main market from the very start, although they have their sights set on the possibility of entering additional markets.
"Our most popular mushrooms are the conventional white mushrooms, but Chanterelles are also in high demand. We have noticed that there is more and more demand for new varieties of exotic mushrooms amongst consumers, because of their health benefits and great taste." said Joanna.
Woga offers a wide range of varieties to be able to meet their customer demands, so along with white and brown mushrooms, they also supply Shiitake, Chanterelle, Porcini and Bay Bolete. Along with fresh, they also offer white and brown dried mushrooms and blanched mushrooms year round.
Demand for mushrooms fluctuates throughout the year, although Joanna said that there is less supply during the summer months. During that period Chanterelles, Penny Bun and Bay Bolete wild mushrooms, dominate demand.
For more information:
Tel: +48 609 051 030
Fax: +48 68/4114625
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: