Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Strawberry prices high in Poland
Demand is increasing for strawberries in Poland, however, prices remain high on the back of limited supply. The good news is that although many of the early varieties had been damaged, the main varieties seem to be unharmed, meaning that, along with being late, the season will also be shorter than usual.
"The cold start of spring delayed the maturation and delivery of both strawberries and Polish fresh vegetables. That is why open field strawberries may be a bit later than a year ago. The supply is expected to increase with each passing day, meaning that the prices should start decreasing soon." explains Wirtualna Polska Małgorzata Skoczewska, a spokesman for the Warsaw Agricultural and Food Wholesale Market in Bronisze.
The current price for strawberries in the Warsaw region are falling between €2.38-3.57 per kilo, between €4.29-5.95 /kg in Poznań and slightly cheaper in Wroclaw at €2.86-3.10 (prices as of 23 May).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: