Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Strawberry prices high in Poland
Demand is increasing for strawberries in Poland, however, prices remain high on the back of limited supply. The good news is that although many of the early varieties had been damaged, the main varieties seem to be unharmed, meaning that, along with being late, the season will also be shorter than usual.
"The cold start of spring delayed the maturation and delivery of both strawberries and Polish fresh vegetables. That is why open field strawberries may be a bit later than a year ago. The supply is expected to increase with each passing day, meaning that the prices should start decreasing soon." explains Wirtualna Polska Małgorzata Skoczewska, a spokesman for the Warsaw Agricultural and Food Wholesale Market in Bronisze.
The current price for strawberries in the Warsaw region are falling between Ä2.38-3.57 per kilo, between Ä4.29-5.95 /kg in Poznań and slightly cheaper in Wroclaw at Ä2.86-3.10 (prices as of 23 May).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: