- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Uganda to host fresh fruit standards conference
“Uganda is a growing exporter of fresh fruits and vegetables and, over the last five years, has had challenges penetrating lucrative international markets due to non-compliance to international standards and SPS measures."
"To mitigate this, a number of strategies have been adopted including, but not limited to, an increased involvement in the setting of international food standards through Codex as a way of harmonizing Ugandan standards for fresh fruits and vegetables with other trading partners."
"It is to this end that Uganda initiated arrangements with the government of Mexico in January 2016 to co-host the 20th session of the codex committee on fresh fruits and vegetables,” said Kamusiime.
During the conference, delegates will discuss commodity standards for the sector that are important for the Country including standards for Irish potatoes, egg plants, garlic, kiwi fruit and dates. Delegates will come from Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Ghana, Italy, Brazil, Cameroon, China, Tanzania, India, the USA, Germany, Nigeria and Canada.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
- 09/17/2018 Philippines: Bukidnon farmers ready to sell vegetables to Manila markets
- 09/14/2018 Belgium: More fruit but fewer vegetables eaten in 2017
- 09/14/2018 UK: S&A Group Holdings fresh produce supplier grows profit
- 09/14/2018 January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- 09/14/2018 Turkish exporters eye Far Eastern countries
- 09/13/2018 Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia