Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uganda to host fresh fruit standards conferenceUganda will this year host over 250 delegates for an international conference on standards for Fresh fruits and Vegetables. According to Barbara Kamusiime, the UNBS Spokesperson, the 1st ever conference on fruits will take place on 6th October 2017 and will be will be convened at Imperial Royale hotel in Kampala.
“Uganda is a growing exporter of fresh fruits and vegetables and, over the last five years, has had challenges penetrating lucrative international markets due to non-compliance to international standards and SPS measures."
"To mitigate this, a number of strategies have been adopted including, but not limited to, an increased involvement in the setting of international food standards through Codex as a way of harmonizing Ugandan standards for fresh fruits and vegetables with other trading partners."
"It is to this end that Uganda initiated arrangements with the government of Mexico in January 2016 to co-host the 20th session of the codex committee on fresh fruits and vegetables,” said Kamusiime.
During the conference, delegates will discuss commodity standards for the sector that are important for the Country including standards for Irish potatoes, egg plants, garlic, kiwi fruit and dates. Delegates will come from Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Ghana, Italy, Brazil, Cameroon, China, Tanzania, India, the USA, Germany, Nigeria and Canada.
Publication date: 5/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: