Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
European peach and nectarine production increased
In Europe, according to datapresented at Europech, the peach, paraguayo and nectarine harvest is expectedto reach 3,065,835 tonnes in 2017 (+11% compared to 2016 and +3% compared tothe average of the last five seasons). The pavia production should increase to827,183 tonnes (+31% compared to 2016).
Spain (with 1,513,482 tonnes) would have a greater production than Italy, whichwould reach 1,336,209 tonnes (+6% compared to 2016), with France experiencingsimilar growth (+3% and 214,327 tonnes).
Moreover, Cooperativas has highlighted "the important rebound" inproduction in Greece, which has announced an increase in its peach andnectarine production to 390,000 tonnes (half more than in 2016) and to 439,000tonnes in the case of pavias (+57%).
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: