Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Impression of the first day of AgroalimentariaYesterday was the first day of the 3 day event Agroalimentaria. As explained before the exhibition is not just for the fresh produce industry. There are exhibitors that have fresh produce like pineapple, mango, strawberries, vegetables and Chinese vegetables for example. As well the suppliers such as packaging and logistics, but these are surrounded by companies that have honey, chocolate and processed food.
The show isn’t comparable with a Fruit Logistica, but it seems like the exhibition area isn’t the most important of this event. The matchmaking area where people can have scheduled meetings has been busy and as well the conference programme has been visited by many visitors. Even though it might seem a small exhibition, it’s noticeable that the overall event is important for the people over here.
The conferences have all types of different subjects, for example, yesterday they spoke about the FSMA and the impact on the adaption of the maximum residues in the export of fruits and vegetables. As well Wall Mart Puerto Rico gave a presentation and the challenges of export in the cold chain were discussed.
As a nice ending of this first day, the organization organized a Dominican fiesta. Important products from the Dominican Republic are as well the rum and cigars, of which they were proud to share and people could taste and experience this. A networking event with nice entertainment, by which you realize with the music and the people that you are in the Caribbean.
Today is the second day of the exhibition, with again a conference programme in which the Brexit will be discussed. As well subjects like doing business with the UK, Haïti, the countries of CARICOM and much more. The product exhibition will be there, the matchmaking sessions and the gastronomic activities. Saturday is the last day of the event, which is only a few hours for just the product exhibition and the gastronomic activities.
The photoreport will be published on monday.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: