Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Impression of the first day of AgroalimentariaYesterday was the first day of the 3 day event Agroalimentaria. As explained before the exhibition is not just for the fresh produce industry. There are exhibitors that have fresh produce like pineapple, mango, strawberries, vegetables and Chinese vegetables for example. As well the suppliers such as packaging and logistics, but these are surrounded by companies that have honey, chocolate and processed food.
The show isn’t comparable with a Fruit Logistica, but it seems like the exhibition area isn’t the most important of this event. The matchmaking area where people can have scheduled meetings has been busy and as well the conference programme has been visited by many visitors. Even though it might seem a small exhibition, it’s noticeable that the overall event is important for the people over here.
The conferences have all types of different subjects, for example, yesterday they spoke about the FSMA and the impact on the adaption of the maximum residues in the export of fruits and vegetables. As well Wall Mart Puerto Rico gave a presentation and the challenges of export in the cold chain were discussed.
As a nice ending of this first day, the organization organized a Dominican fiesta. Important products from the Dominican Republic are as well the rum and cigars, of which they were proud to share and people could taste and experience this. A networking event with nice entertainment, by which you realize with the music and the people that you are in the Caribbean.
Today is the second day of the exhibition, with again a conference programme in which the Brexit will be discussed. As well subjects like doing business with the UK, Haïti, the countries of CARICOM and much more. The product exhibition will be there, the matchmaking sessions and the gastronomic activities. Saturday is the last day of the event, which is only a few hours for just the product exhibition and the gastronomic activities.
The photoreport will be published on monday.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: