Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru can now market avocados as heart healthy in the US
Following the 2016 USDA announcement claiming Hass Avocados are a “healthy” food, the AHA has now granted the Peruvian Avocado Commission certification rights to the Heart-Check mark for its marketing promotions and campaigns.
“The valuable Heart-Check mark has served as a trusted resource for consumers, and by adding the heart-check to our efforts it will help to complement the official seal of approval from the FDA and USDA that avocados are a healthy food- something that all consumers will be culturally aware of. The new tools that we have to promote avocados as officially healthy will also help us to educate consumers that not all fat is bad. Avocados, along with other healthy fats like nuts and olives, are crucial to our daily diets.” Said Xavier Equihua, CEO and President of PAC.
With heart disease being a leading cause of death in both women and men in the U.S., the confusion about dietary fats can result in missed opportunities for those who are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. The Heart-Check Food Certification Program helps consumers identify foods that can be building blocks of a heart-healthy diet.
For more information:
Peruvian Avocado Commission
Tel: +52 302 547 3625
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: