Job offersmore »
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
- Category Manager - Exports Homebush, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- Fresh produce company enters into partnership to help students become farmers
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Unitec - technologies to retain consumers
Why disappoint consumers when one could fully meet their expectations? Especially considering that each consumer is different and has different tastes. Unitec believes businesses must assume the responsibility of making sure fruit meets all quality requirements, a result possible only with the help of technology.
Respecting apples means respecting the future of your business
Let's discuss apples, for example. Each variety and each single fruit has unique characteristics and a specific value. And each fruit, depending on its characteristics, is suitable for different consumers, who are looking to find consistent quality at each purchase. But how to achieve this?
The answer is Unical 8.0 by Unisorting. A technology that preserves the integrity of apples, considered by experts as fragile as eggs due to their delicate flesh. The only way to safeguard them during processing is to use a technology that is very delicate.
Just like the latest technology developed by Unitec and presented at Macfrut. It already showed excellent results in terms of sorting reliability and internal/external quality classification. In addition, it works quickly and keeps processing costs down.
Dry matter content, compactness, Brix level, crunchiness, grade, colour, shape, internal and external defects, cuts, bruises, etc... these are all variables that must be taken into consideration when sorting apples!
When applied to apple systems and graders, Unitec's Apple Sort Unisorting technology enables the selection and classification of the characteristics of all kinds of apples.
The system is complete with a dedicated software specific to each apple variety so as to meet all kinds of needs.
But there's more!
People say one rotten apple is enough to spoil a whole bunch... and that's precisely what the Unisorting's Unical 8.0 technology avoids! When a fruit is in such a condition that it risks contaminating the entire system, it is discarded before it can even come into contact with the following areas!
Prevention is better than cure, even though it is worth reminding that the Apples Sort technology is completely sanitisable and that the R&D team designed it precisely to reduce ordinary and extraordinary maintenance costs.
Apples and everything that revolves around them
Unisorting by Unitec is not only suitable for grading but provides all kinds of services:
- pre-grading systems to classify fruit according to multiple selected parameters;
- grading, classification and packaging systems;
- mixed pre-grading and packaging systems.
Unisorting systems can also be equipped with traceability systems interfaced with a management software. Fruits can be traced from feeding to packaging and all packets can be labelled.
Choosing the correct technology always leads to business growth.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: