Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- Hort Connections: The global trends influencing the industry
- Chile is one of the main fruit suppliers in Turkey
- International Sweet potato Centre training Ghana farmers on production
- Argentina still depends on Chilean avocados to meet the demand
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
President Temer accused of corruption
Brazilian real in freefallAfter allegations that Brazilian President Temer may be involved in a corruption case, the Brazilian real has gone into freefall. The stock exchanges responded with panic and trade even came to a standstill on Thursday. The Central Bank's intervention to try to prevent the value of the real from falling has been unsuccessful.
This has been the reaction following an accusation that the president was involved in a corruption case. The Brazilian newspaper O GLOBo says that it has a sound recording in which President Temer advocates paying for the silence of Eduardo Cunha. Cunha is an important witness in the corruption case around Petrobas.
For his part, President Michel Temer has stated that "I'm not resigning. I know what I did and I know my actions were right," said Temer in a televised speech.
Last year, Michel Temer acted as president. He had to make the necessary reforms to put the economy back in order, raise the state budget and put an end to widespread corruption. The corruption case that drove former president Dilma Rousseff out of office has been around for three years and is holding the country in its grip.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: