Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
First Indian Alphonso mangoes land in China"Yesterday we received the first batch of Indian imported mangoes into China at the import port of Shenzhen, in Southern China. The batch consisted of 150 boxes of the famous Indian Alphonso mangoes, with a total weight about 500 kg," says Ms. Zhang, manager at Shenzhen Shi Chang-Chang E-commerce.
The team of Shenzhen Shi Chang-Chang E-commerce together with the Indian growers
Boxes full with Indian Alphonso mangoes
"The Alphonso mango is India's top mango variety. The fruit is available from the beginning of March until the end of August. The fruit is famous for its sweet taste and large size, which is also why we believe it will be widely popular in China. We have selected this particular grower to work with after visiting several orchards in India. We waited for the fruit to ripen and selected smaller sizes with thick pulp and dense flavours. We aim to keep the fruit as fresh as possible for our customers."
Individually wrapped Alphonso mangoes
Plump and juicy mango flesh
"This is the first batch of imported Indian mangoes. The aim is to introduce the fruit to our customers across China. Many of them will not have seen and tasted this variety before. Therefore we have organised tastings across China in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and a number of second tier cities. Our customers are supermarkets, online retailers and traders, and we want to give them all the support to market the fruit to the end consumer."
Just arrived in the port of Shenzhen
"We are a newly established and dynamic trading company and we want, through our careful selection of new products, to make our name on this market. We are very happy to open the channels for premium Indian mangoes into China."
Shenzhen Shi Chang Electronic Commerce Limited
Tel: +86 138 1892 0619
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: