Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eating fruit & veg could be the key to healthy looking skin
Eating enough fruit and vegetables could be the secret to having attractive skin, according to a study released on Friday by researchers at the University of Newcastle in Australia.
The researchers investigated how young Australians viewed faces in terms of attractiveness, by being able to adjust settings to create the most attractive version of different faces, based on levels of melanin (tanning), or carotenoid coloration which occurs when you consume fruits and vegetables.
Fruit and vegetables contain certain pigments in them which according to Pezdirc, get absorbed by your skin when you are eating healthy amounts of them.
The author of the report, Dr Kristine Pezdirc, told Xinhua that the participants were given facial images to look at on computer screens, and then were allowed to adjust the axis to where they thought the image looked as "healthy as possible."
"They had three different experiments where they would look at the melanin axis, then they would look at the carotenoid axis, and then in the last experiment they were both combined, so that is where we got the result of seeing that they prefered the carotenoid to the melanin," Pezdirc said.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: