Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brian Birdsall and Byron Ihnen
Vanguard International appoints new team members to Pride Packing Co.
Last week, the Vanguard International Group announced the acquisition of Washington-based Pride Packing. Now, the company has announced that Brian Birdsall, President, and Byron Ihnen, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, have joined the team at Pride Packing Co. in Wapato, Washington, along with Brett Calhoun, who will continue to serve as Pride’s General Manager and Vice President of Washington Farming Operations.
“With over nearly five decades between them, Brian and Byron have admirable operational and commercial accomplishments, and I know they will drive great success for our company, employees, and customers alongside Brett,” said Craig Stauffer, CEO Vanguard. “They have proven to be successful and trusted leaders, and I could not be more pleased about their appointments at this important time.”
“Leading Pride with Brett is an exciting next step for me and I look forward to all that we will accomplish together with the Pride team,” says Brian Birdsall, who comes to Pride Packing Co with over 30 years of Senior Washington State Fruit Industry Management experience, including CEO and CFO responsibilities.
Byron Ihnen comes to Pride with deep industry experience and has previously held senior roles at Yakima Fresh, PAC Marketing, and Hansen Fruit. “I am excited and honored to take on this role to help accelerate our marketing and sales priorities to drive sustainable growth and customer satisfaction,” says Ihnen.
Brett Calhoun will continue as Pride’s General Manager and Vice President of Washington Farming Operations. “Continuing to grow our team and our operation here in Washington means great things for our future and we are all looking forward to getting to work and seeing it all come to fruition.”
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: