Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Greek Trade increases imports from ItalyGreek Trade Sp.Z. o.o. has been operating in the fresh produce import- export sector since 1992. The company is a Polish leader in the sale and production of food (fresh, canned and frozen). In order to meet its customers' needs, it is now extending its range and guarantees the best flavour combined with the best quality, in compliance with the parameters required by the most demanding international certifications.
The Greek Trade headquarters.
"We also distribute products imported from over 70 countries in the world. Our fresh produce department, which is our leading department, has offices in Krakow," explains account manager
It deals with the import and distribution of fresh produce from Greece, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Turkey and many other countries worldwide.
Left to right: Mariusz Zgoda (Fresh Produce Dept. Director), Theodoros Siakas (Greek Trade President), Sylwia Kulis-Cenni (Account manager).
"Relations are always very nice with Italy and we are happy we can rely on professional partners. The same can be said for our other interlocutors in Europe and all over the world. Of the 24 thousand tons handled every year, 25% comes from Italy. Over the past three years, the volume of fresh produce from Italy increased by 300%."
The main products imported from Italy are: citrus fruit, watermelons, peaches, nectarines, grapes, kiwis, new potatoes, courgettes, lettuce, radishes, broccoli, etc.
To store and check imported produce, the company has a warehouse covering 1,600 square metres in total equipped with 3 controlled temperature units.
"Our main clients are retailers, wholesalers and traders, who we supply directly from our warehouse. Our points of strength are professionalism, flexibility and efficiency, as well as the high quality of our products."
"The 2016 turnover was €55 million, 11 million of which from the sale of fresh fruit and vegetables. We are aiming at increasing the turnover in 2017 by acquiring new clients and establishing new relations with suppliers."
Greek Trade Sp. Z o.o.
Tadeusza Śliwiaka 14
30-797 Kraków, Polonia
Tel.: (+48) 795589235
Fax: (+48) 123451745
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: