Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Anti-frost systems saved Polish cranberriesViewed as a healthy product by Polish consumers, demand for fruits like cranberries is growing. The 2017 season will mark the third season that Klasa Sp. z.o.o. has produced the berries for the domestic market and Mieczysław Czekański shared that they would like to expand their market to Germany, France and the UK.
“We sell our cranberries to the supermarkets in Poland and are currently organising the network of sales in Western Europe through the specialized wholesalers. Our standard packaging for our customers is 220-250 g flow pack punnets” shared Mieczyslaw Czekanski from Klasa.
The cranberries are currently grown on 21 ha, but the company is currently busy expanding their growing area to 50 ha.
“The season for cranberries lasts from late September into the New Year. We are currently working on extending this period by implementing new storage technology. We produce high quality products for fresh consumption and only a very small portion of what we produce goes off for processing.” said Mieczyslaw
After the frosts hit many Polish growers in mid-April and early May, Mieczyslaw said that their cranberries were not affected due to special anti-frost systems their company had installed.
For more information:
KLASA Sp. z o.o.
Tel: +48 81/88 23 280
Fax: +48 81/88 23 280 w. 26
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: