- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Watermelons competing with stonefruit & grapes in Germany
"The watermelon season was slow to start this year because of the cold weather, but there is always demand. Plus, they have to compete with stonefruit and grapes, which are popular with consumers this time of year. We are currently importing around 80,000-90,000 kg weekly, but this should double over the next month." shared Emanuel.
Life Produce sources their melons from various countries, such as Italy, Greece, Morocco and Iran. The season started with Moroccan watermelons and will switch over to Greek and Italian supply in July.
"Germans themselves generally tend to prefer the smaller melons, while people from other countries living in Germany like the larger varieties. We have a large offering of different types of watermelons, but there is no clear favorite; customer demand seems to depend on the success they have had in the past with sales."
Along with watermelons, Life Produce also imports all sorts of melon varieties such as Cantelope, Galia, Piel de sapo, Seedless and Dumara.
For more information:
Life Produce GmbH
Tel: +49 211 39020567
Fax: +49 211 29364877
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 05/31/2017 "Pineapples are overpriced and natural flowering is about to begin"
- 05/30/2017 Portugal: Fresh pineapples from the Azores are mainly for local consumption
- 05/30/2017 Mexico's melon production increases
- 05/29/2017 Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020
- 05/26/2017 Watermelons look towards a strong 2017 in North America
- 05/25/2017 South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- 05/24/2017 ICA makes laser marking a permanent practice
- 05/23/2017 China: 2017 Xuwen Pineapple Culture Touring Festival
- 05/23/2017 Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- 05/22/2017 France and Germany buy half of Spain's melons
- 05/19/2017 Watermelons competing with stonefruit & grapes in Germany
- 05/18/2017 Pineapple & durian exports to China could lift prices in Malaysia
- 05/17/2017 "The best opportunities for the Piel de Sapo are in the international market"
- 05/16/2017 AU: Capogreco melons well received in Japan
- 05/15/2017 China: Yurun watermelons available in the market in three weeks
- 05/12/2017 French melon acreage is stable
- 05/11/2017 Year-round melon production in the very north of South Africa
- 05/10/2017 The seedless watermelons that are consolidating in the markets
- 05/10/2017 Nunhems presents watermelons suitable for organic market
- 05/10/2017 Florida encountering a tough start with watermelons