Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan ag exports increase by 44%The 23rd Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition, WorldFood Azerbaijan 2017, and the 11th Azerbaijan International Agriculture Exhibition, CaspianAgro 2017 opened in Baku on May 17.
Agriculture Minister Heydar Asadov, addressing the opening ceremony, said that exports of Azerbaijan’s agricultural products rose by 44 percent in January-April 2017 as compared to the same period of 2016.
The minister noted that Azerbaijan aims to increase its exports annually while the main problem of the world is to ensure food security.
“The main growth in exports over the past four months was observed in the export of fruits and vegetables. As for our expectations for the future, we expect an even greater increase in exports in the coming years,” said Asadov.
In January-March 2017, the volume of agricultural production in Azerbaijan in actual prices was 744 million manat ($440 million) compared to 643.6 million manat ($381 million) in January-March 2016 (an increase of 3.5 percent).
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: