Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: 10% increase in cherry harvest
The 2017 cherry harvest is estimated to be 10% higher than in 2016 (which was a bad year) on 1st May, closer to the five year average. Forecasts are uncertain as they depend on the eventual consequences of the frost on the 20th and 21st April.
The PACA region was the most effected by the frost and the Minister of Agriculture expects harvest to have decreased by 5%. Production in Occitania is expected to increase by 24% and 27% in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes.
Commercialisation began at the end of April in the Roussillon and the Gard. Agreste says that demand is stable with a relatively moderate volume on the market for the time being.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: