Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: 10% increase in cherry harvest
The 2017 cherry harvest is estimated to be 10% higher than in 2016 (which was a bad year) on 1st May, closer to the five year average. Forecasts are uncertain as they depend on the eventual consequences of the frost on the 20th and 21st April.
The PACA region was the most effected by the frost and the Minister of Agriculture expects harvest to have decreased by 5%. Production in Occitania is expected to increase by 24% and 27% in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes.
Commercialisation began at the end of April in the Roussillon and the Gard. Agreste says that demand is stable with a relatively moderate volume on the market for the time being.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: