Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Guangxi bananas will have a promising harvest this year
This year, China has a banana production area of over 400.000 hectares (4 million mu). The production volume is approximately 8 million tons. Compared to the last two years, when the supply continuously exceeded the demand, this year's banana market could be completely different. It is estimated that during the entire year the supply will not meet the demand.
At the moment, Yunnan bananas have come to an end, and bananas from Hainan and western Guangdong are just entering the market. Guangxi is the most important production area for the second half of the year, so that deserves our utmost attention. Industry experts estimate that, because of the warm winter, this year's harvest of Guangxi bananas will be big but, because the whole production area is dried up, the total production volume of Guangxi bananas will be over 20% lower than last year's.
Source: Southern Rural Newspaper
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: