Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Sharp increase in Azerbaijani agricultural exports
Between January and March 2017, Azerbaijan exported agricultural products worth $ 80 million 234.1 thousand, which is 57.7% more than in the same period last year, as reported by the Ministry of Agriculture, cited by Interfax-Azerbaijan.
"Most of the exports of agricultural products consisted of fruit and vegetables," the department noted.
In January-March 2017, Azerbaijan exported 29,548 tonnes of fruit (an increase of 58.5%) worth $ 34 million 951.3 thousand (an increase of 19.9%), as well as 26,037 thousand tonnes of vegetables (an increase of 92.7%) worth $ 20 million 449.9 thousand (an increase of 44.9%).
In 2016 as a whole, the country exported agricultural products worth $ 426 million 111.7 thousand, which is 20.7% more than in 2015.
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: