Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Chairman Don Mastronardi honored with CPMA Lifetime Achievement AwardSUNSET® Chairman Don Mastronardi was honored with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2017 CPMA conference.
"This year, I'm honored to present the lifetime achievement award to an individual who has been considered a true innovator in Ontario," shared Ron Lemaire, President of CPMA. "Don Mastronardi is known for his hard work, dedication, competitiveness, and vision to build an industry within Ontario and across North America."
Don Mastronardi has been an active member of the produce industry his entire life. At a young age, Don took over the family business. As a Canadian working the American market, Don learned about importing and exporting fresh produce and led Canadian businesses to do the same. "These skills, combined with his incredible passion for customer service, helped establish SUNSET® as a leader in the industry."
Paul Mastronardi accepts the award on behalf of his dad Don Mastronardi
"As a true innovator, Don introduced products like Campari®, the world's first branded tomato, to the North American market. Since then, SUNSET® has developed countless award-winning brands, and continues to lead and innovate in the produce category."
"I'm truly honored," shared Don Mastronardi. "This award is incredibly humbling and I’m thankful to everyone who has been a part of this journey."
For more information: www.sunsetgrown.com
Publication date: 5/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: