- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Sri Lanka rupee hits record low of 166.00 per US dollar
- Kroger: leadership shuffle and consolidation of Roundy's and Mariano's divisions
- Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- ‘Afghanistan to export goods via Lapis Lazuli trade route in the near future’
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020
This follows the signing today of the protocol on phytosanitary requirements for the export of pineapples from Malaysia to China.
Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Minister, Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, said the signing of the protocol reflected the confidence placed by China in the quality of Malaysian pineapples in terms of hygiene, safety and taste.
“For a start, Malaysia can now export 12,000 tonnes of pineapples worth RM40 million within a year to China to be sourced from two plantations that have been approved under the protocol.
“This figure is expected to increase further as many entrepreneurs have expressed their interest to export to China to meet the high demand there,” he said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 05/31/2017 "Pineapples are overpriced and natural flowering is about to begin"
- 05/30/2017 Portugal: Fresh pineapples from the Azores are mainly for local consumption
- 05/30/2017 Mexico's melon production increases
- 05/29/2017 Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020
- 05/26/2017 Watermelons look towards a strong 2017 in North America
- 05/25/2017 South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- 05/24/2017 ICA makes laser marking a permanent practice
- 05/23/2017 China: 2017 Xuwen Pineapple Culture Touring Festival
- 05/23/2017 Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- 05/22/2017 France and Germany buy half of Spain's melons
- 05/19/2017 Watermelons competing with stonefruit & grapes in Germany
- 05/18/2017 Pineapple & durian exports to China could lift prices in Malaysia
- 05/17/2017 "The best opportunities for the Piel de Sapo are in the international market"
- 05/16/2017 AU: Capogreco melons well received in Japan
- 05/15/2017 China: Yurun watermelons available in the market in three weeks
- 05/12/2017 French melon acreage is stable
- 05/11/2017 Year-round melon production in the very north of South Africa
- 05/10/2017 The seedless watermelons that are consolidating in the markets
- 05/10/2017 Nunhems presents watermelons suitable for organic market
- 05/10/2017 Florida encountering a tough start with watermelons