Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020Malaysia’s exports of pineapples to China are expected to double to RM320 million, annually, by 2020.
This follows the signing today of the protocol on phytosanitary requirements for the export of pineapples from Malaysia to China.
Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Minister, Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, said the signing of the protocol reflected the confidence placed by China in the quality of Malaysian pineapples in terms of hygiene, safety and taste.
“For a start, Malaysia can now export 12,000 tonnes of pineapples worth RM40 million within a year to China to be sourced from two plantations that have been approved under the protocol.
“This figure is expected to increase further as many entrepreneurs have expressed their interest to export to China to meet the high demand there,” he said.
Publication date: 5/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: