Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020Malaysia’s exports of pineapples to China are expected to double to RM320 million, annually, by 2020.
This follows the signing today of the protocol on phytosanitary requirements for the export of pineapples from Malaysia to China.
Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Minister, Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, said the signing of the protocol reflected the confidence placed by China in the quality of Malaysian pineapples in terms of hygiene, safety and taste.
“For a start, Malaysia can now export 12,000 tonnes of pineapples worth RM40 million within a year to China to be sourced from two plantations that have been approved under the protocol.
“This figure is expected to increase further as many entrepreneurs have expressed their interest to export to China to meet the high demand there,” he said.
Publication date: 5/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: