Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
German company, BayWa, reports increased turnover in first quarterBayWa, based in Germany, reported strong growth at the closing of its books at the end of the first quarter. The EBIT came to EUR 8 million. That is an increase of EUR 20,4 million euro compared with the previous year. In 2016, the results were still in the red. Turnover also increased to EUR 3,8 billion, EUR 0.3 billion more than in 2016. Profits were recorded in all three sectors of the company: Agriculture, Energy and Building Materials.
The Agriculture sector is sub-divided into four categories, of which the trade in fruit and vegetables is one. There is no clear distinctions between these sectors in the quarterly numbers. The sector as a whole, reported an increase in turnover from EUR 2.6 billion in 2016 to EUR 2.7 billion this year. In addition to an increased trade in produce, including fruit, this result was thanks to investments from growers. EBIT came to EUR 11.2 miljoen, which is EUR 2 million higher than in 2016.
Click here to read the full press release.
Publication date: 5/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: