Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
German company, BayWa, reports increased turnover in first quarterBayWa, based in Germany, reported strong growth at the closing of its books at the end of the first quarter. The EBIT came to EUR 8 million. That is an increase of EUR 20,4 million euro compared with the previous year. In 2016, the results were still in the red. Turnover also increased to EUR 3,8 billion, EUR 0.3 billion more than in 2016. Profits were recorded in all three sectors of the company: Agriculture, Energy and Building Materials.
The Agriculture sector is sub-divided into four categories, of which the trade in fruit and vegetables is one. There is no clear distinctions between these sectors in the quarterly numbers. The sector as a whole, reported an increase in turnover from EUR 2.6 billion in 2016 to EUR 2.7 billion this year. In addition to an increased trade in produce, including fruit, this result was thanks to investments from growers. EBIT came to EUR 11.2 miljoen, which is EUR 2 million higher than in 2016.
Click here to read the full press release.
Publication date: 5/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: