Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mazaya Agro brings hydroponic farming to Omani communitiesMazaya Oman has brought a hydroponic farm to Barka to provide fresh vegetables grown locally above the markets in Muscat, where conventional farming is not possible all year round. The endeavour is being conducted by a new subsidiary company called Mazaya Agro.
The first crop started harvesting in April. Six varieties of leafy green lettuces, vegetables and herbs will be sold in the local Muscat market.
Mazaya Agro intends to expand and connect multiple greenhouses into a network to significantly expand growing capacity, thereby enabling each farm to meet customer demand in virtually any sized community. Mazaya Agro produce qualifies as Omani grown.
Tirthankar Basu, business head of Mazaya Oman, said, “This is a ground-breaking development in food supply for Muscat regions and possibly far beyond. Mazaya Agro’s system could be utilised in infertile desert regions. Mazaya Agro is bringing reasonable, fresh and healthy vegetables to places that have always had to ship it in at prices much higher than countries who are self-producing.”
Read more at the Muscat Daily
Publication date: 5/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: