Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria begins exporting vegetables to the UKNigeria has commenced exports of vegetables to the United Kingdom, Coordinating Director, National Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), Vincent Isegbe has disclosed.
He also stated the country is expected to earn about $100 billion from the export of pigeon peas to India following an offer received from the Indian government.
Abuja, Isegbe said: “Currently, we have been able to introduce vegetable exports. Initially, it was done in a disorganised manner."
Explaining how to do successful exports, he said interested exporters must first register with the NAQS and indicate the commodity to export.
He added the Service will then conduct pest crop surveys on the farm to ensure that whatever is being exported from the farm is licensed and acceptable abroad.
“The report of the survey, if successful, will be sent to that country you are exporting to so that they can rest assured that you are not exporting pest infected crops,” he added.
Publication date: 5/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: