Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
50/50 frozen-fresh ratio for Ukrainian producersFrozen fruits and vegetables are a big part of production in Ukraine, with the largest domestic agribusinesses often having a 50/50 ratio between frozen and fresh. Smilyanska Hlodnya, the biggest producer of frozen fruit and veg in Ukraine, processes 12,000 tons of finished products per year.
"Over the past few years our factory has been providing freezing services for growers in countries like Poland and Belarus, but recently, with production seeing increasing growth and technical advancements, our mission is to focus on our domestic products which we believe to be among the best. There are also a lot of growers who are focused on organic products." shared Ihor Usatyi from Smilyanska Hlodnya.
The top IQF products are wild blueberries and raspberries, followed by strawberries, blackberries, sea buckthorn, cowberry and blackcurrants. The company has been working with McDonalds for years, providing them IQF potatoes and onions. They also create private label berry and vegetable IQF mixes for other companies and retailers.
"Our product is a 100% natural way of preserving products (IQF - individual shock freezing). Only it allows you to preserve the taste and more importantly the structure of the original product - you do not need to wash, clean or cut - making preparation a lot faster than fresh products." said Ihor.
Although 90% of their business in conducted within Europe, Ihor said that the recent FTA with Canada, with no duty on exports, has opened up a lot of opportunities.
For more information:
Smilyanska Hlodnya LLC
Tel: +38 (067) 55 37 044
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: