Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
FOOD freshly partners with IG International to bring fresh-cut to IndiaGerman company FOOD freshly, which deals in fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, has formed a joint venture with exotic fruits importer IG International and will launch packaged sliced fruits which will remain fresh for 10 days. The joint venture is named FOOD freshly India.
Sukhdev Singh, CEO, FOOD freshly India, said, "We are soon planning to launch cut-and-sliced apples and pears packaged with a shelf-life of over 10 days for easy consumption without any health hazards. Initially, we will reach out to the big cities, including Mumbai."
Singh added, "We have set a capex of 6,00,000 euros for building infrastructure, equipment and technology. We have already set up a processing plant in Navi Mumbai and have begun an awareness drive and product tasting. We will soon commercially launch sliced apples and pears in Mumbai."
While the project will begin with apples and pears, various other fruits, which are under the lab testing process currently, will be introduced at a later stage, Singh said. He said, depending on the demand, the company will expand its product portfolio to include other fruits and salads as well.
Publication date: 5/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: