Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
FOOD freshly partners with IG International to bring fresh-cut to IndiaGerman company FOOD freshly, which deals in fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, has formed a joint venture with exotic fruits importer IG International and will launch packaged sliced fruits which will remain fresh for 10 days. The joint venture is named FOOD freshly India.
Sukhdev Singh, CEO, FOOD freshly India, said, "We are soon planning to launch cut-and-sliced apples and pears packaged with a shelf-life of over 10 days for easy consumption without any health hazards. Initially, we will reach out to the big cities, including Mumbai."
Singh added, "We have set a capex of 6,00,000 euros for building infrastructure, equipment and technology. We have already set up a processing plant in Navi Mumbai and have begun an awareness drive and product tasting. We will soon commercially launch sliced apples and pears in Mumbai."
While the project will begin with apples and pears, various other fruits, which are under the lab testing process currently, will be introduced at a later stage, Singh said. He said, depending on the demand, the company will expand its product portfolio to include other fruits and salads as well.
Publication date: 5/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: