Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly half of the world's greenhouse vegetable area located in AsiaThe latest 2017 statistics for global greenhouse vegetable growing areas by continent has been compiled by Cuesta Roble Consulting. The breakdown is:
- Europe- 173,561 ha.
- South America- 12,502 ha.
- North America- 7,288 ha.
- Asia- 224,974 ha.
- Africa- 36,993 ha.
- Oceania- 2,036 ha.
- Antarctica - 0.02 ha. (research station pilot program)
Country-specific details, definitions and references are listed in the publication: “International Greenhouse Vegetable Production- Statistics, 2017 edition”, which is available at: www.cuestaroble.com
Publication date: 5/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: