Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly half of the world's greenhouse vegetable area located in AsiaThe latest 2017 statistics for global greenhouse vegetable growing areas by continent has been compiled by Cuesta Roble Consulting. The breakdown is:
- Europe- 173,561 ha.
- South America- 12,502 ha.
- North America- 7,288 ha.
- Asia- 224,974 ha.
- Africa- 36,993 ha.
- Oceania- 2,036 ha.
- Antarctica - 0.02 ha. (research station pilot program)
Country-specific details, definitions and references are listed in the publication: “International Greenhouse Vegetable Production- Statistics, 2017 edition”, which is available at: www.cuestaroble.com
Publication date: 5/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: