Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- The new Spring Sunshine mandarin could be the world's tastiest
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly half of the world's greenhouse vegetable area located in AsiaThe latest 2017 statistics for global greenhouse vegetable growing areas by continent has been compiled by Cuesta Roble Consulting. The breakdown is:
- Europe- 173,561 ha.
- South America- 12,502 ha.
- North America- 7,288 ha.
- Asia- 224,974 ha.
- Africa- 36,993 ha.
- Oceania- 2,036 ha.
- Antarctica - 0.02 ha. (research station pilot program)
Country-specific details, definitions and references are listed in the publication: “International Greenhouse Vegetable Production- Statistics, 2017 edition”, which is available at: www.cuestaroble.com
Publication date: 5/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: