Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Melons from Shenxian county to hit the market next week
The total cultivation area of melons in Shenxian County in Liaocheng City has reached close to one million acres, 80% of which are greenhouses. The county is also known as the "Home of the Melon", the "Home of Agaricus Bisporus" and the "First County of Vegetables" in China. The main varieties currently grown in Shenxian are the Jiuhongrui and Elizabeth Melons. The supply will start in early May and last till the end of June.
Rows of melons in greenhouses
The weather has been relatively stable this year, with few extremely cold days. Compared to last year, the total production has increased by about 20%. This is mainly due to the greater volumes coming out of the greenhouses as the yields from old plantations are basically the same as last year.
Melons still growing
The majority of melons from Shenxian are sold direct to the wholesale markets around the area and the clients are mostly fruit buyers from other parts of the country. Currently, the average market price is 0.5 yuan higher than last year, with the prices ranging between 3.2 and 3.6 yuan for direct orders from the growers.
Mr. Zhanbiao Wang
Cellphone: (+ 86) 15163532682
Publication date: 5/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: