Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Rodolfi tomato powder
At a time when some tomato processing industries are in debt with producers and won't probably be active during the next season, in Collecchio di Parma there's a processing company that has just celebrated its 120th anniversary - "Rodolfi".
Tiziano Freccia, sales director at "Rodolfi"
"We process around 150 thousand tons of tomatoes a year in three facilities. Our produce comes from 120 growers from the local area. To obtain a high-quality product, it is essential that very little time passes between harvesting and processing. This is why at least 80% of our producers are located within 60 km from their reference facility."
Tomato sauce, paste, pulp and powder - the company as a wide range of products "made exclusively with Italian tomatoes."
The company has been producing and supplying tomato powder for over 50 years. It is mainly supplied to businesses producing soups, ready-made pasta and rice dishes and frozen dishes. "Tomato powder is made using two processes - we have a spray dry atomisation plant and a traditional roller drying plant."
Dried powdered tomato
"We have one of the largest Filtermat spray-dry systems in the world, which is suitable for the powdering of all kinds of vegetables. Compared to traditional systems, it maintains a superior flavour and quality."
Rodolfi tomato powder production plant
There are also three types of pastes: semi-pastes are made by evaporating tomato juice (12, 14 ad 16% residue). Double paste is obtained by concentrating the juice (28 and 30%, hot break and cold break) and triple paste is also obtained concentrating juice (36 and 38% cold break).
For further information:
"Rodolfi Pomodoro a Parma"
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: