Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Carisma potato offers more choice for Canadian diabeticsAfter a successful launch in 2016, Canadian produce company EarthFresh is bringing its lower glycemic response (GR) Carisma potato back to Ontario grocery retailers for an extended season.
They will be available from April to November 2017 and offer health-conscious food lovers and diabetics more choice in the produce aisles.
Farmed from traditional seed and without the use of biotechnology, the non-GMO Carisma is a new spud.
Grown specifically to help prevent the rapid spike in blood sugar that normally comes from eating carbohydrate-rich foods, Carisma is a desirable choice for those seeking to control blood sugar levels, including people with (or at risk of) diabetes, athletes, and those looking to lose or control body weight.
“For years, people with diabetes, and health-conscious individuals with concerns around carbs and sugar intake have limited eating potatoes for fear they are high in carbohydrates and glycemic response.”
“With Carisma, diabetic and health-conscious Canadians have more reasons to add potatoes to the menu.”
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: