Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Carisma potato offers more choice for Canadian diabeticsAfter a successful launch in 2016, Canadian produce company EarthFresh is bringing its lower glycemic response (GR) Carisma potato back to Ontario grocery retailers for an extended season.
They will be available from April to November 2017 and offer health-conscious food lovers and diabetics more choice in the produce aisles.
Farmed from traditional seed and without the use of biotechnology, the non-GMO Carisma is a new spud.
Grown specifically to help prevent the rapid spike in blood sugar that normally comes from eating carbohydrate-rich foods, Carisma is a desirable choice for those seeking to control blood sugar levels, including people with (or at risk of) diabetes, athletes, and those looking to lose or control body weight.
“For years, people with diabetes, and health-conscious individuals with concerns around carbs and sugar intake have limited eating potatoes for fear they are high in carbohydrates and glycemic response.”
“With Carisma, diabetic and health-conscious Canadians have more reasons to add potatoes to the menu.”
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: