Job offersmore »
- Service Engineer - US & Canada
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California's grape acreage totalled 897,000 acres in 2016California’s 2016 grape acreage totaled 897,000 acres. Of the total grape acreage, 841,000 were bearing while 56,000 were non-bearing. Table-type grape acreage totaled 123,000 acres, with 111,000 bearing and 12,000 non-bearing. Acreage of raisin-type grapes totalled 172,000 acres, with 170,000 bearing and 2,000 non-bearing.
The major source of the grape detailed data was a questionnaire mailed to all grape growers from a database. The mailing was sent in late October 2016 to approximately 9,100 grape growers. The questionnaire contained previously reported crop, variety, and acreage information preprinted.
To arrive at the estimated grape acreage, the grape acreage data base was compared with data provided from the pesticide application data maintained by County Agricultural Commissioners and the Department of Pesticide Regulation.
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: