Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- New technology helps reduce strawberry waste
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California's grape acreage totalled 897,000 acres in 2016California’s 2016 grape acreage totaled 897,000 acres. Of the total grape acreage, 841,000 were bearing while 56,000 were non-bearing. Table-type grape acreage totaled 123,000 acres, with 111,000 bearing and 12,000 non-bearing. Acreage of raisin-type grapes totalled 172,000 acres, with 170,000 bearing and 2,000 non-bearing.
The major source of the grape detailed data was a questionnaire mailed to all grape growers from a database. The mailing was sent in late October 2016 to approximately 9,100 grape growers. The questionnaire contained previously reported crop, variety, and acreage information preprinted.
To arrive at the estimated grape acreage, the grape acreage data base was compared with data provided from the pesticide application data maintained by County Agricultural Commissioners and the Department of Pesticide Regulation.
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: