Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Watermelon and mini-watermelon season started at Ortofrutticola Del Ponte
Ortofrutticola Del Ponte Srl's greenhouse Nikas and Minirossa mini-watermelon campaign started just before Easter. The company collects, processes and commercialises watermelons, mini-watermelons, yellow melons and artichokes, grown in fertile selected lands in southern Italy (Sicily, Campania, Puglia and Basilicata). This week, the campaign of Splendid and Miracle early watermelons also started and will be followed by Caravan.
The Giudicianni family has been working in the fresh produce sector for generations and Ortofrutticola Del Pointe Srl has the main objective of maintaining the high-quality of its products to meet all customer expectations.
Greenhouse watermelons in Pachino (Siracusa).
As explained by sales manager Fabio Giudicianni, "we have 500 hectares of open fields and greenhouses dedicated to the cultivation of watermelons, midi-watermelons and mini-watermelons. The season has just begun and prices are still quite high. Demand is good but quantities are still limited. There are higher volumes of mini-watermelons in Sicily, while traditional watermelon volumes are lower than last year. Levels seem stable in Campania."
The watermelon campaign goes from April to October. "The campaign has already started in Sicily and will start around May 20th in the Salerno area. On average, we process around 33,000 tons of watermelons and 5,000 tons of mini-watermelons every year. This season will depend on the temperatures both in Italy and abroad as, for demand to be stable, the weather must be hot."
The fact that the company supplies supermarkets and markets both in Italy and abroad (France, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary) means it can meet demands both in terms of logistics and packaging.
Mini watermelons in Pachino (Siracusa).
According to its destination, the produce is processed either in Bellona (CE) or Bellizzi (SA). Packaging depends on customer requirements.
Greenhouse watermelons in Battipaglia (Salerno).
"Our job is to preserve the freshness and genuineness of the products which are carefully selected and packaged to meet all kinds of needs. Our produce undergoes strict checks performed by specialised agronomists who periodically take samples to assess pesticide residue."
Michele Giudicianni - purchasing manager
Cell.: +39 339 6937839
Fabio Giudicianni - sales manager
Cell.: +39 339 2643398
Marco Giudicianni - warehouse manager
Cell.: +39 329 5787952
Ortofrutticola Del Ponte Srl
via A. Moro
81041, Bellona (CE)
Fax: +39 (0)823 990102
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: