Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
New container offers increased protection for apple & pear transportSpecially designed for the fruit and vegetables supply chain, Schoeller Allibert have announced their newly developed Maximus 1212 container. It offers a base design featuring 4 pockets which help protect apples and pears and significantly reduces the likelihood of dents and bruises compared with traditional pallet containers.
This design plays the role of a shell by preventing the fruits from rolling around during transport. According to an independent competitive test conducted by the Flemish Centre for Horticultural Products in Belgium it helps lessen damage and bruising of apples and pears more than conventional flat base boxes.
The company claims the pocket and curved walls design provides the best internal volume on the market (836L) to the Maximus1212, offering up to +35L than most 1200x1200 containers which helps reduce transportation costs and reduces the environmental impact. The Maximus1212 can also bear a 500kg unit load and 4,500kg static load. It is also compatible at stacking with most fleets on the market.
The Maximus1212 is also made of UV treated virgin food contact guaranteed HDPE, for 100% food safety. It can withstand deep frost and can be stored outside, long term. It is RFID ready, available with a solid or ventilated base and walls.
For more information:
Tel: +33 6 08 16 91 28
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: