Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New container offers increased protection for apple & pear transportSpecially designed for the fruit and vegetables supply chain, Schoeller Allibert have announced their newly developed Maximus 1212 container. It offers a base design featuring 4 pockets which help protect apples and pears and significantly reduces the likelihood of dents and bruises compared with traditional pallet containers.
This design plays the role of a shell by preventing the fruits from rolling around during transport. According to an independent competitive test conducted by the Flemish Centre for Horticultural Products in Belgium it helps lessen damage and bruising of apples and pears more than conventional flat base boxes.
The company claims the pocket and curved walls design provides the best internal volume on the market (836L) to the Maximus1212, offering up to +35L than most 1200x1200 containers which helps reduce transportation costs and reduces the environmental impact. The Maximus1212 can also bear a 500kg unit load and 4,500kg static load. It is also compatible at stacking with most fleets on the market.
The Maximus1212 is also made of UV treated virgin food contact guaranteed HDPE, for 100% food safety. It can withstand deep frost and can be stored outside, long term. It is RFID ready, available with a solid or ventilated base and walls.
For more information:
Tel: +33 6 08 16 91 28
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: