Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India's mango exports could reach 50,000 tonnes this yearIndia's mango exports are expected to be higher this year when compared to last year's level and could reach 50,000 tonnes in the ongoing fiscal, buoyed by a strong demand and supply of export quality fruit, the government body APEDA said today.
The country has shipped 45,730 tonnes of mangoes. The export figures pertain to shipments undertaken by exporters registered with APEDA.
"Around 200 tonnes of mangoes have been exported so far this month. The exports will pick up pace in the coming weeks," a senior official of the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) told PTI.
Of the total shipments undertaken so far, about 131 tonne has been shipped to the US, 42 tonnes to the Middle-East and 18 tonnes to the European Union (EU), he said.
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: