Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Nearly 30% of the G9 plantain is wasted
The G9 plantain is grown in the states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, and is mainly consumed domestically. "Even though it's not widely known abroad, this variety still has room for growth," said D. Karthikeyan, head of Navadhane Agro Foods. However, according to this Indian company, it is necessary to improve cultivation techniques, and to have more facilities for provisions. This improvement would lead to a better use of fertilizers and the chemicals needed to fight diseases. "Only 68% of these bananas are consumed in an unprocessed way in our country," Karthikeyan stated.
Currently, Navadhane Agro Foods is trying to open markets in other Middle Eastern countries, such as Oman. "The goal is to make our products known, as we have a great and increasing production capacity." Last year, the company produced 40 tons per day, now it produces 60 tons a day. "We are ready to export, we have the necessary logistics and we feel that we can export up to 600 tons a year," Karthikeyan said.
For more information:
Navadhane Agro Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Pl No.2, 4th Cross Street,
CBI Officers Colony,
Sri Baba Nagar, Medavakkam,
Chennai - 600 100
Telf.: +91-44-26532642 | +91-9444831521
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: