Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Washington Apple Commission president proposes unified labels
Todd Fryhover, president of the Washington Apple Commission, has proposed creation of a unified Washington apples sticker that includes all the corporate logos of apple marketing and sales houses to unify the industry’s presence at the point of sale and maintain the lead in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
“It’s about alignment. It’s about efficiency. It’s about effectiveness. Having a Washington growers’ logo on exports really does help us. There’s no downside to this,” he said. “It’s just getting more and more confusing in the international marketplace, and it’s going to continue to do so over the next two to three years.”
“We really have to focus on the point of sale,” he said. “We’re really seeing more and more competition in the marketplace, and frankly, all they’re doing is copying things we have been doing for two, three decades.”
Currently, some Washington sales desks use the Washington apples sticker on their products; some use a generic Washington logo and others use neither. Fryhover said he believes the grassroots support of growers may help to persuade everyone to buy in.
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: