Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK environment secretary discusses seasonal workers during Kent farm visit
The environment secretary visited a Kent fruit farm this week as a county MP continued to push for a seasonal agricultural workers scheme.
Helen Whately, who represents Faversham and Mid Kent, invited Andrea Leadsom - a former Kent schoolgirl herself - to WB Chambers and Son in Sutton Valence and urged her Conservative colleague to help introduce a scheme to allow workers to come to the UK temporarily to work on farms.
“Farmers – and their workers – make a vital contribution to the local economy, and at a national level, I’m proud Kent produces an important share of the country’s supply of fruit," Helen Whately stated.
Ms Leadsom added: “I was delighted to be invited down to Kent by Helen and to have the chance to meet local farmers and growers.
“As we set about designing our future agriculture policies, it was incredibly useful to hear Helen’s perspective, as the local MP and chair of the APPG for fruit and vegetable farming, as well as representatives of our world-class horticulture sector.
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: