Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Inauguration in July
Europe's largest cold store will be in Spain
The Murcian company Fruveco, formerly known as Congelados Francisco Ramón, plans to open the largest cold store in Europe, with a capacity of 200,000 pallets. It has required an investment of 20 million Euro and is part of a larger project for the construction of new facilities in the Industrial Park of Alhama, with an investment totalling more than 80 million Euro.
The company, based in El Raal, bought 130,000 square metres in Alhama for which it paid a little over three million Euro. The construction of the facilities started in late 2015 and the plant is expected to be inaugurated in July.
Its growth has been constant in recent years, going from invoicing 25 million Euro in 2009 to 56.2 million Euro in 2015.
This growth is what motivated the company to plan the construction of the new facilities, which will complement those of El Raal in order to meet the considerable demand for fruit and vegetable products and frozen meals. In fact, the new Fruveco plant in Alhama will triple its extension and capacity compared to the current one and will be completed with refrigeration chambers at -40 and -25 degrees, with freezing tunnels and new production and packaging lines.
With this investment, Fruveco will become the largest European frozen product processor, especially in the field of fruit and vegetables. Today it is already the leader for some products, such as onion rings, of which it is exclusive supplier for multinationals like McDonalds, Burger King and Foster's Hollywood, and it is also Europe's second biggest name in the production and sale of frozen peppers.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: