Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Heavy rain hurts supply of spinach and other greens in NZ
Wet weather which has been hammering parts of New Zealand has damaged green vegetable supply across the country which has seen prices increase.
Spinach and other greens such as beans, broccoli, salads, silverbeet and lettuce are all in short supply, Foodstuffs spokesperson Antoinette Laird says.
"Customers may notice the retail price of these vegetables is higher than usual."
"There are definite challenges at the moment across a variety of fruit and veges around the country due to the weather; overall there is less supply available as produce is obviously highly susceptible to weather conditions," a Countdown spokesperson says.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: