Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Heavy rain hurts supply of spinach and other greens in NZ
Wet weather which has been hammering parts of New Zealand has damaged green vegetable supply across the country which has seen prices increase.
Spinach and other greens such as beans, broccoli, salads, silverbeet and lettuce are all in short supply, Foodstuffs spokesperson Antoinette Laird says.
"Customers may notice the retail price of these vegetables is higher than usual."
"There are definite challenges at the moment across a variety of fruit and veges around the country due to the weather; overall there is less supply available as produce is obviously highly susceptible to weather conditions," a Countdown spokesperson says.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: