Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Heavy rain hurts supply of spinach and other greens in NZ
Wet weather which has been hammering parts of New Zealand has damaged green vegetable supply across the country which has seen prices increase.
Spinach and other greens such as beans, broccoli, salads, silverbeet and lettuce are all in short supply, Foodstuffs spokesperson Antoinette Laird says.
"Customers may notice the retail price of these vegetables is higher than usual."
"There are definite challenges at the moment across a variety of fruit and veges around the country due to the weather; overall there is less supply available as produce is obviously highly susceptible to weather conditions," a Countdown spokesperson says.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: