Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cold front in Austria worries fruit farmers
The Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG) has warned of an upcoming cold front which will mean snow for many regions in Austria.
As a warm lead-up into Spring has led plants and trees to bloom up two weeks earlier than average, the anticipated sub-zero temperatures a cause of concern particularly for farmers, who in 2016 already saw massive, and at times, total crop losses from late frost.
Fruit and wine farmers in particular are reported to be looking nervously towards the days ahead.
The ZAMG said it anticipates milder temperatures on the weekend, though with frost still possible in the evenings. At this stage no significant warming of temperatures is anticipated next week either.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: