Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Scientists use mango leaves for bioimagingResearchers from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay have found a way to produce more affordable probes to use in bioimaging, and for intracellular temperature sensing, by creating quantum dots using mango leaves.
These quantum dots synthesised from mango leaves are biocompatible, have excellent photostability and show no cellular toxicity. The mango leaves were cut into tiny pieces and frozen using liquid nitrogen. The frozen leaves were crushed into powder and dipped in alcohol.
These quantum dots can be used to measure intracellular temperature increase and can also be used for measuring temperature increase in cancer cells.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: