Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sweet onion category going strong
Utah Onions will be showcasing a number of onion varieties at the upcoming Viva Fresh Expo. Name an onion colour and they grow it: yellow, red, white – and of course, sweets. “Growing conditions have been favorable the last few years in Utah,” said Tony Campise. “Planting is underway now for the fall crop and we expect another great year.” Produce is grown and harvested from Syracuse, Corrine and Layton, Utah as well as Washington, Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico and Mexico.
Easter is usually a busy time and generally, consumption always peaks around the holidays during the year. “We expect a strong summer program as well,” he added.
The sweet onion category is going strong. “We are promoting our 10-15s this year. We’ve sold more of those sweet onions across the country than ever before,” he said. Most of the increase in sales has been from new customers and bringing on the southwest onion grower partnership. Campise is looking forward to the expo and making connections. “It’s a great show, it’s really good for this region.”
Utah Onion is also experiencing a large growth in terms of its plant facilities. We will be adding packing equipment to the Dallas, Texas facility, which is now in its second year of operation. “We’ve been able to increase business enough to add more equipment,” Campise said. The company is also upgrading the packing facility in Syracuse, which has been in operation since the early 1940s. Recently, an exclusive contract was signed with Carzalia Valley Produce Inc.
Visit Utah Onion at Booth #237 at the Viva Fresh Expo.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: