Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Blueberry production increases by nearly 30% a year
Chinese producers have focused on the cultivation of blueberries because of the increase in domestic consumption and the demand from other countries. As a result, they have gone from producing 800 tons, to about 1,200 tons in the last year. Some of their most outstanding varieties are the Northland, Bluecrop, and Big Duke varieties, which are characterized by their resistance to cold. These varieties are marketed from April to August, both in China and in other countries.
"We do not know how many kilos we should project to export, since it is the first year that we do this. We are willing to send our blueberries to anywhere that requests them and we have different containers designed for different markets," said Hua Wang, from Qingdao Fumin Blueberry Professional Cooperatives.
For more information:
Qingdao Fumin Blueberry Professional Cooperatives
Jiaonan, Ciudad de Qingdao
Provincia de Shandong
Telf.: +86 186 6176 3302
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: