Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Harvest of Texas red potatoes underway earlier than usual
Today, the harvest of the 2017 crop of Black Gold Farms, Texan Red Potatoes starts. The potatoes will be available from April 24 until the middle of June. Thanks to the excellent planting and growing conditions, harvest is set to be underway a little bit earlier than last year. “The product is looking remarkable this season. We are excited when we get in the field a little early to start off our fresh supply of quality red potatoes for the year,” said Lorenzo Segura, Farm Manager for Black Gold Farm’s Pearsall operation. “It’s been a joy to really dig deep, have Mother Nature on our side, and a bit of luck with our amazing team to create some pretty spectacular Texas Red Spuds.”
Black Gold Farms has been growing fresh red potatoes in Pearsall, Texas – about an hour down Interstate 35 from San Antonio – since 2011. But the 88-year-old, fourth-generation family-owned operation has been farming potatoes in Pearsall, TX since 1992. At that time, they were only growing potatoes specifically for potato chips. They then mastered the art, of getting the highest quality potatoes from the unique growing conditions in the Lone Star State.
“Texas customers, as well as customers who are close, by are eager to get their hands on fresh, red potatoes - especially now” added Keith Groven, Fresh Sales Manager. “Local retailers particularly, have witnessed the demand that Texas-grown red potatoes can generate, and they know they can move a lot of product because of the superior quality and service we are able to deliver”.
Black Gold Farm’s will also be taking this crop of Texan Reds on a REDVENTURE with retailers. To add to the excitement of harvest, Black Gold Farms is offering up redventurous recipes like Roasted Red Potatoes with Romesco sauce as well as digital and social promotions geared towards bringing awareness to the adventurous side of Texas grown red potatoes.
Black Gold Farms
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: