Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
China: First real-time tracking device for fruit and veg in commercial use
"To better meet our customers' need for tracking devices used in green produce, we have recently developed a new app-based tracking device that can provide real-time monitoring of the transportation process of fruit and vegetables on an external terminal. Currently, the device is in its final commissioning phase and is expected to be put into commercial use in May," said Mr. Kevin Wu, head of the marketing department of Freshliance.
"Our old tracking device could only monitor the temperature and humidity of green produce in transportation and clients only got the results after the delivery. This new product has integrated the solution to achieve real-time tracking. Not only can we notify our customers in time by phone or email if anything out of ordinary occurs to the temperature and humidity of the produce in transportation, but we can also achieve a real-time locating of them."
Cloud-based tracking system
"We are optimistic about the market prospects of this product. So far, some domestic companies are providing tracking solutions used in warehouses, but we are the first to provide analytical data reporting during the transportation of products. In China, this product is in the final commissioning phase. Many of our clients have already been using it and are satisfied with the results. Some foreign clients have also placed small trial orders. We expect the orders to increase significantly after it is put into commercial use in May."
Mr. Kevin Wu (Marketing Manager)
Telephone: + 86 (0)371 5678 3799
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: