Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- Hort Connections: The global trends influencing the industry
- Chile is one of the main fruit suppliers in Turkey
- International Sweet potato Centre training Ghana farmers on production
- Argentina still depends on Chilean avocados to meet the demand
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Good EU demand for Maltese new potatoesGood weather conditions this spring have made for a good growing season in Malta. Ralph Scerri from Quality Fruits & Vegetables Ltd, said that there is good demand for new potatoes from the Netherlands, Germany and Italy.
"We sent out the first 6 trucks (150,000 tons) to Altena last week and we expect to send approximately 1,500,000 kgs of potatoes to the Netherlands this year. The potatoes are sent by trailer or container in bulk to our Dutch wholesaler, who packages them for the end user." shared Ralph.
Along with having good yields, the good weather has also brought good quality and higher prices compared to last season.
The company exports the Alexia variety to Schaap Holland, along with their other potato varieties such as Sante, Alpha, Folva, Anais and Allegria.
For more information:
Quality Fruits & Vegetables Ltd.
Tel: +356 9949 5047
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: