Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Land for sale
Agrosfera, a new agroindustrial park in Aguascalientes, Mexico
Agrosfera is a new agroindustrial park, focused on agribusiness, built in Aguascalientes, in central Mexico. "It will only be for companies in the food sector, such as producers, processors, packers, logistic suppliers, and even greenhouses. The lands are classified for different parts of the supply chain," stated Angelica Roiz, of JLL, the company that is responsible for promoting and managing sales of the park plots.
Roiz said that the construction of this 300-hectare big agro-industrial park was almost finished and that the companies that wanted to be a part of it could already buy land. "The project is divided into several phases. The first phase, which has just begun, consists of 43 hectares, which are currently on sale," she said.
"Companies have two options: on the one hand, they can buy a plot of land and build their factory or warehouse, paying a maintenance fee for the park's services. On the other hand, they have the option of renting the warehouse or factory to an investor who has already bought and built the land," she said.
Agrosfera is located on the Pan American Highway, which spans the country from Nuevo Laredo, on the border with the United States, to Guatemala, at the height of Malacatan. Specifically, Agrosfera is in the Aguascalientes-Zacatecas section, between the municipalities of Rincon de Romos and Cosio, in Aguascalientes, which is considered one of the most prosperous and safe states of Mexico and that is perfectly embedded in the center of the country, which makes it a privileged point in terms of logistics and access to the main cities of Mexico. In addition, the park will have access to the railway line of the company Ferromex, one of the most important in the country. These and many other advantages make it a very attractive enclave for companies and investors abroad.
In fact, the state of Aguascalientes accounts for 3.5% of all foreign direct investment in Mexico, despite the fact that it only represents 0.3% of the national territory and 1% of its total population. Foreign investment is very important and, since 1982, foreigners have invested a total of 4,267 million dollars in the state creating jobs for 32,8000 people.
The agribusiness of Aguascalientes is one of the most important in the country, as it has 6,000 hectares devoted to the cultivation of vegetables. One of the most important crops of this state is forage maize. The state is the largest producer of this product in the country with 80% of the production. In addition, Aguascalientes is the second largest domestic producer of guava and the fourth biggest producer of lettuce, grapes and garlic.
Although there is no official date yet, JLL will hold an opening ceremony between the end of April and the beginning of May.
Click here to read a brochure of the Agrosfera park with more information about its location, infrastructure, and facilities.
JLL México I Industrial & Logistics
Tel.: (045) 686 102 3892
Tel.: 55 5980 8161
Tel.: 55 5980 875
Publication date: 4/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: