Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Sales of Dalian apples have increased this year
"So far this year, the market performance of apples is better than the same period last year, which is mainly driven by two forces. The first one is the growing export volume of small-sized apples. Secondly, big traders have kept purchasing quality apples in several major production areas, stocking up in order to sell them on at higher prices," said Mr. said Mr. Haihui Zhang from Dalian Jinfuhui Fruit Ltd.
Fresh apples waiting to be graded
Apples well packed and ready for export
Labeled apples with nice packaging
"We have approximately 3,000 acres of plantation in Wangfangdian county, Dalian, a place called 'the Land of Apples'. Our varieties include Fuji, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Janet and Cockscomb. Our quality apples are registered under the trademark of 'Jinfuhui'. Some of them are sold to wholesale markets and supermarkets in Shanghai, and the rest are exported to Thailand and Southeast Asia through Dayaowan Port."
Quality apples with good packaging
"Thanks to the unique geographical location here, the apples from Wangfangdian county are sweet and crispy with a tough skin for easy storage. In recent years, their quality has been stable. Affected by cold weather this year, the yields of Fuji and Jonagold have dropped by half while the yields of Golden Delicious have grown slightly because it has been cultivated on a bigger scale and is easier to manage. Overall, both the apple quality and sales this year are better than last year."
Mr. Haihui Zhang
Dalian Jinfuhui Fruit Ltd.
Dalian Zenong Professional Cooperative
Cellphone: + 86 13842648211
Publication date: 4/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: