Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Sales of Dalian apples have increased this year
"So far this year, the market performance of apples is better than the same period last year, which is mainly driven by two forces. The first one is the growing export volume of small-sized apples. Secondly, big traders have kept purchasing quality apples in several major production areas, stocking up in order to sell them on at higher prices," said Mr. said Mr. Haihui Zhang from Dalian Jinfuhui Fruit Ltd.
Fresh apples waiting to be graded
Apples well packed and ready for export
Labeled apples with nice packaging
"We have approximately 3,000 acres of plantation in Wangfangdian county, Dalian, a place called 'the Land of Apples'. Our varieties include Fuji, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Janet and Cockscomb. Our quality apples are registered under the trademark of 'Jinfuhui'. Some of them are sold to wholesale markets and supermarkets in Shanghai, and the rest are exported to Thailand and Southeast Asia through Dayaowan Port."
Quality apples with good packaging
"Thanks to the unique geographical location here, the apples from Wangfangdian county are sweet and crispy with a tough skin for easy storage. In recent years, their quality has been stable. Affected by cold weather this year, the yields of Fuji and Jonagold have dropped by half while the yields of Golden Delicious have grown slightly because it has been cultivated on a bigger scale and is easier to manage. Overall, both the apple quality and sales this year are better than last year."
Mr. Haihui Zhang
Dalian Jinfuhui Fruit Ltd.
Dalian Zenong Professional Cooperative
Cellphone: + 86 13842648211
Publication date: 4/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: