Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Acacian Plant Health™ welcomes vice president of Research and Development
Acadian Plant Health™ (APH™) has recently appointed Bachar Blal as its new Vice President of Research and Development. In his new role, Blal will lead APH™’s research and development efforts and strategic programs for bringing innovation to provide growers around the world with exceptionally consistent solutions for today’s most critical growing challenges. With over 25 years of global experience in the agricultural industry, Blal has accumulated a strong knowledge and experience in product development. In the 90’s, he founded and pioneered two start-ups in France, dedicated to new bio-products, including bio-fertilizers and bio pesticides based on micro-organisms.
According to Roger Tripathi, President of APH™, “Dr. Blal will play a crucial role in enhancing our processes for innovation and the introduction of new products during the next years. His background in the development and production of bio-products is a perfect fit for Acadian Plant Health ™’s strategic innovation vision”. “I am very pleased to see the recognition the APH™ products have gained in the biostimulant category, and the strong and positive reputation the company has built. I am looking forward to working with a knowledgeable global team to successfully transfer knowledge from lab to the field, and move forward to our next generation of products and technology” says Blal.
Blal is an agronomist and has a MSc in Ecology and a PhD on the topic of “Soil Microbiology and Plant Interactions” from the University of Burgundy (France). Over the past 25 years, he has managed several high level, multidisciplinary innovation programs, with partners both academic and private, and has implemented R&D strategies to reduce time to market. Blal brings a wealth of international experience to APH™ and a deep knowledge into new product development as well as on the interfaces between research and market opportunities in the bio-Ag markets.
Acadian Plant Health
Tel: +1 902-468-2840
Publication date: 4/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: