Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan's potato exports remain crippled after Russia's import ban
Pakistan's potato exports have remained low ever since Russia barred the entry of the vegetable in May 2015 on food safety grounds after detecting some diseased consignments.
Since July last year, about 30,000 tonnes of potato were shipped, with the total exports expected to be 35,000-40,000 tonnes at the end of the fiscal year, said officials of Plant Quarantine Wing under the Department of Agricultural Extension (DAE).
Last fiscal year, potato export slumped 58 percent to 37,270 tonnes -- a direct manifestation of the embargo from Russia.
Prior to the ban, shipment of the tuber had hit a record high of about 1 lakh tonnes in 2013-14, spurred by the demand from Russia.
Publication date: 4/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: