Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan's potato exports remain crippled after Russia's import ban
Pakistan's potato exports have remained low ever since Russia barred the entry of the vegetable in May 2015 on food safety grounds after detecting some diseased consignments.
Since July last year, about 30,000 tonnes of potato were shipped, with the total exports expected to be 35,000-40,000 tonnes at the end of the fiscal year, said officials of Plant Quarantine Wing under the Department of Agricultural Extension (DAE).
Last fiscal year, potato export slumped 58 percent to 37,270 tonnes -- a direct manifestation of the embargo from Russia.
Prior to the ban, shipment of the tuber had hit a record high of about 1 lakh tonnes in 2013-14, spurred by the demand from Russia.
Publication date: 4/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: