Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan's potato exports remain crippled after Russia's import ban
Pakistan's potato exports have remained low ever since Russia barred the entry of the vegetable in May 2015 on food safety grounds after detecting some diseased consignments.
Since July last year, about 30,000 tonnes of potato were shipped, with the total exports expected to be 35,000-40,000 tonnes at the end of the fiscal year, said officials of Plant Quarantine Wing under the Department of Agricultural Extension (DAE).
Last fiscal year, potato export slumped 58 percent to 37,270 tonnes -- a direct manifestation of the embargo from Russia.
Prior to the ban, shipment of the tuber had hit a record high of about 1 lakh tonnes in 2013-14, spurred by the demand from Russia.
Publication date: 4/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: