Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hosted by the National Mango Board
Interactive mango session Friday, April 21 at 10:30 am
At the upcoming Viva Fresh Expo, the National Mango Board will be holding an educational session on mangos. “It will be an engaging 45-minute session that involves audience participation,” says Angela Serna with the National Mango Board. The deep-dive session will cover topics from receiving and ripening to merchandising.
The audience will be engaged by taste testing mangos at different stages of ripeness. There will also be an opportunity to try a Mango and Avocado Salsa as well as mango cubes sprinkled with Tajin seasoning. “Last but not least, several retailers will be asked to participate in a hands-on mango cutting lesson that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser,” Serna said.
“The objective is to provide retailers with the tools they need to transform mangos from specialty fruit to mainstream staple. Mangos are the most popular fruit in the world, but in the US they are not yet in the top 10 ranking of most consumed fruits,” mentioned Serna.
“We are honored that Viva Fresh has given us the opportunity to hold this session.” There is no need to sign up in advance. “Just make sure to bring your badge and come see us in Salon J at 10:30 am on Friday, April 21.” The session will be presented by Wendy McManus, NMB Retail Program Manager, and Dennis Kihlstadius, Ripening Expert.
National Mango Board
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: